Meadows are a great alternative to lawns, mowed fields, and large mulched garden beds. They can be used as design elements in most settings.
- Save money by reducing mowing and lawn care costs
- Contribute to native plant usage
- Increase wildlife viewing opportunities
- Continually changing seasonal beauty
- Pollinator habitat with food sources, nesting and shelter
- Excellent rainwater infiltration
This short video is an overview of native meadows. You'll see the variability and seasonal changes of native meadows, how they differ from disturbed fields, their importance to wildlife, and highlights of how they are planted and maintained.
I provide services for meadow design, installation, and maintenance.
- Site assessment and integration into master landscape planning
- Customized seed mix development/ plant design including for accent features
- Installation support, early development nurturing, and path design
- Ongoing management support including invasive plant strategies
- Residential, commercial, public properties of all sizes
- For property owners, builders, and landscaping firms